The Crestron® 4K HDMI® over HDBaseT® Transmitter (HD-TX3-C) delivers professional-grade digital HD AV signal extension for use in the home, classroom, auditorium, or corporate boardroom. Without any special setup or configuration, the HD-TX3-C connects directly to any HDBaseT compliant display device or receiver, enabling the transmission of high-definition digital video and audio over wire runs up to 330 feet (100 meters) using a single, low-cost CAT5e cable. 4K video is supported over slightly shorter distances. 
When paired with the HD-RX3-C receiver, the HD-TX3-C provides a very simple solution for extending HDMI along with RS-232 and IR control signals. For applications using the HD-TX3-C and HD-RX3-C together, please refer to the HD-EXT3-C<.
Robust Ultra HD Signal Extension
Using HDBaseT technology, the HD-TX3-C allows for the extension of uncompressed HDMI signals using inexpensive twisted pair cable. Without relying on signal-degrading compression or IP streaming, or inferior HDMI signal boosting, HDBaseT reliably transports the full resolution signal from source to display — intact and uncompromised.
The HD-TX3-C handles video resolutions beyond HD including 4K Ultra HD and 4K DCI. Full HD 1080p60 with 3D and Deep Color is supported over any distance up to 330 ft (100 m), while 4K is limited to 230 ft (70 m) or less. Audio capabilities include support for high-bitrate 7.1 audio formats like Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™ as well as uncompressed linear PCM. In addition to HDMI, it is also compatible with DVI and DisplayPort Multimode sources using an appropriate adapter or interface cable.
...And Control Too!
In addition to video and audio, the HD-TX3-C provides for the extension of IR and bidirectional RS-232 control signals for a true one-wire AV interface solution.
Crestron HDMI over HDBaseT products are designed using HDBaseT Alliance specifications, ensuring interoperability with third-party HDBaseT products. Via its HDBaseT output, the HD-TX3-C can be connected directly to any HDBaseT compliant display device without requiring a separate receiver.
DigitalMedia 8G+™ Compatible
The HD-TX3-C is also compatible with Crestron products utilizing DM 8G+™ technology, allowing it to serve as an inexpensive DM 8G+ transmitter when connected to the input of a DM® switcher or receiver.
Uncompromised and Uncomplicated
Crestron HDMI over HDBaseT products afford a very dependable signal extension solution that's simple to implement. No special configuration or programming is required — just connect your source and display and enjoy high-quality HD video and audio from across the room — or the other end of the house.
The HD-TX3-C can be mounted in a single-gang wall box, or attached to any flat surface or inside an equipment rack. Linking the HD-TX3-C to a HDBaseT display, or to the HD-RX3-C receiver, requires just one CAT5e or Crestron DM 8G® cable. Crestron offers the cable, connectors, and crimp tool for a complete, easy and reliable wiring solution. A range of professional AV interface cables is also available to complement the HD-TX3-C for a total custom installation solution.
- Extends uncompressed digital video, audio, and control signals up to 330 feet (100 meters) over a single CAT5e twisted-pair cable[1,3]
- HDBaseT® Certified
- Compatible with HDBaseT and DigitalMedia 8G+™ receivers and display devices
- Compatible with HDMI®, DVI, and DisplayPort Multimode sources
- Works reliably without any programming or configuration
- Handles Full HD 1080p video with Deep Color and 3D
- Handles 4K video resolutions up to 230 feet (70 meters)
- Supports Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio™, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- Passes CEC, EDID and HDCP
- Includes universal IR repeater up to 455 kHz
- Extends bidirectional RS-232 up to 115.2k Baud
- 24VDC power pack included
- Available in white or black
- For the HDBaseT® connection, use Crestron DM-CBL-8G DigitalMedia 8G™ Cable, Crestron DM-CBL DigitalMedia™ Cable, Crestron DM-CBL-D DigitalMedia D Cable, or third-party CAT5e (or better) UTP or STP. Maximum wire length between devices is 330 ft (100 m) for resolutions up to 1600x1200 and 1920x1200 (including 1080p60 and 2K). For higher resolutions (including 4K), maximum wire length is 230 ft (70 m) using DM-CBL-8G, or 165 ft (50 m) using DM-CBL, DM-CBL-D, or CAT5e. Shielded cable and connectors are recommended to safeguard against unpredictable environmental electrical noise which may impact performance at resolutions above 1080p. All wire and cables sold separately.
- HD-RX3-C sold separately or as part of the HD-EXT3-C HDMI® over HDBaseT Extender package.
- IR and RS-232 control signals are only supported when paired with a HD-RX3-C receiver.
- HDMI requires an appropriate adapter or interface cable to accommodate a DVI or DisplayPort Multimode signal. CBL-HD-DVI interface cables available separately.
- Supports 4K at 50/60 Hz with 4:2:0 color sampling.
- When the HD-TX3-C transmitter is connected to a HD-RX3-C receiver, only one power pack should be connected to either the transmitter or the receiver, not both. Power is supplied to the secondary device over the HDBaseT connection. Please note, the HD-TX3-C and HD-RX3-C are not PoH or PoDM compatible. They cannot be powered by, or supply power to, another HDBaseT or DM 8G+ device. They may however be connected to such devices without risk of malfunction.
to 330 feet (100 meters) over a single CAT5e twisted-pair cable[1,3]Compatible with HDBaseT and DigitalMedia 8G+ receivers and display devices
Compatible with HDMI, DVI, and DisplayPort Multimode sources
Works reliably without any programming or configuration
Handles Full HD 1080p video with Deep Color and 3D
Handles 4K Ultra HD video resolutions up to 230 feet (70 meters)
Supports Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
Passes CEC, EDID and HDCP
Includes universal IR repeater up to 455 kHz
Extends bidirectional RS-232 up to 115.2k Baud
24VDC power pack included
Available in white or black