Crestron® HDMI over Fiber Transmitters and Receivers deliver professional-grade digital HD AV signal extension for use in the home, classroom, auditorium, or corporate boardroom. Without any special setup or configuration, the HD-RX3-F receiver works with an HD-TX3-F transmitter to enable wire runs up to 1000 feet (300 m) over a single, thin multimode fiber strand. The HD-RX3-F simultaneously handles high-definition digital video and audio, analog audio, Ethernet, USB HID, RS-232, and IR signals.
The Strengths of Fiber
A Crestron HDMI over Fiber solution lets you hide your wiring in plain sight without drilling holes or tearing into walls. Using our ultra inconspicuous CresFiber® CLEAR fiber optic cable, wiring can easily be concealed along baseboards and in corners, perfect for retrofits and historically significant interiors.
Crestron offers a full line of rugged CresFiber fiber optic cables and installation tools to facilitate running through conduits, walls, and ceiling spaces. HDMI over Fiber is also ideal for wiring to outdoor devices and between buildings, providing optical isolation against ground loops, lightning surges, and other electrical disturbances.
Robust HD Signal Extension
Crestron HDMI over Fiber delivers ultra-reliable extension of uncompressed HDMI signals over any distance up to 1000 ft (300 m). Without relying on signal-degrading compression or IP streaming, Crestron HDMI over Fiber technology transports the full HD signal to your display — intact and uncompromised.
The HD-RX3-F handles HD video resolutions up to 1080p60, and high-res computer resolutions up to UXGA and WUXGA, with full support for HDCP, Deep Color, and 7.1 lossless audio. In addition to HDMI, it is also compatible with DVI display devices using an appropriate adapter or interface cable. A mini-TRS stereo audio output is also provided to feed analog audio signals to the unbalanced input of an amplifier or some other audio component.
A Fully Linked Solution
In addition to video and audio, the HD-RX3-F provides for the extension of numerous networking and control signals for a true one-wire AV interface solution. Its 10/100 Ethernet port affords high-speed LAN connectivity over the full 1000 ft length of fiber. The USB HID port allows a keyboard, mouse, or other USB HID compliant device to be connected at the receiver and used to control a computer or other host at the transmitter location. Additional IR and bidirectional RS-232 control signals may also be routed to control a display device and other equipment.
Comprehensive without Complication
Crestron HDMI over Fiber affords a very dependable signal extension solution that's simple to implement. No special configuration or programming is required — just connect your source and display and enjoy high-quality HD video and audio from across the room — or from another entire building. The HD-RX3-F is housed in an attractive, compact enclosure, with provisions for mounting to any flat surface, or to one rail of a 19" EIA equipment rack.
Crestron offers the fiber optic cable, connectors, and termination kit for a complete, easy wiring solution. A range of professional AV interface cables and wall plates is also available to complement the HD-RX3-F for a total custom installation solution.
- Extends uncompressed digital video, audio, networking, HID, and control signals 1000 feet over a single multimode fiber
- Works reliably without any programming or configuration
- Supports HDMI® with Deep Color
- Supports 7.1 channel lossless audio up to 48 kHz
- Also compatible with DVI components
- Includes analog stereo audio output
- Handles resolutions up to 1920x1200 and 1080p60
- Passes CEC, EDID and HDCP
- Supports 100Base-T Fast Ethernet
- Includes universal IR repeater up to 192kHz
- Extends bidirectional RS-232 up to 115k Baud
- Includes built-in USB HID mouse/keyboard extender
- Provides electrical isolation for outdoor runs
- 12VDC power pack included
- Item(s) sold separately.
- For MM OPTICAL fiber wiring, use CresFiber 8G or other quality 50/125 or 62.5/125 simplex multimode fiber optic cable. To achieve maximum distance the cable should be rated for at least 500MHz*km effective modal bandwidth (EMB) at both 850nm and 1300nm.
- USB hubs, either internal or external, are not supported. For full keyboard and cursor control, Crestron suggests using a keyboard with built-in pointing device.
- HDMI requires an appropriate adapter or interface cable to accommodate a DVI signal. CBL-HD-DVI interface cable available separately.
Extends uncompressed digital video, audio, networking, HID, and control signals 1000 feet over a single multimode fiber
Works reliably without any programming or configuration
Supports HDMI with Deep Color
Supports 7.1 channel lossless audio up to 48 kHz
Also compatible with DVI components
Includes analog stereo audio output
Handles resolutions up to 1920x1200 and 1080p60
Passes CEC, EDID and HDCP
Supports 100Base-T Fast Ethernet
Includes universal IR repeater up to 192kHz
Extends bidirectional RS-232 up to 115k Baud
Includes built-in USB HID mouse/keyboard extender
Provides electrical isolation for outdoor runs
12VDC power pack included