The Best Projector Lineup from 2016
Fri 28, October 2016 Projectors
2016 is winding down, so the “Best of” lists will be rolling out. Why can’t projectors be a part of the hype? We all use them at some point or another during our life, most of may even have one installed in our home or office for presentation or entertainment purposes. It’s true they have come a long way from the overhead projectors of our elementary school days. Which ones are at the top of the class in 2016?
- Sony WPL-HW45ES
- ???The most affordable of Sony’s projectors, the VPL-HW45ES has a beautifully riveting picture. With a maximum brightness of 1800 lumens, your picture is clear, even when the room is partially lit. Turn off the lights and the sharp backgrounds, special effects, and bright whites are out of this world. With a good balance between performance and the amount you pay for that amazing picture, it’s affordable and reliable enough for anyone as a starter projector.
- Epson EH-TW5350?
- From Blue-rays to streaming, the color palette of the Epson EH-TW5350 is natural and well balanced. The motion is stable even in the most action packed scenes, and the brightness of the flashes from fireworks or gun fire makes it an exciting choice for your viewing pleasure. At a higher price point, though, it is no surprise it’s a stark second to the Sony.
- Sony BPL-HW65ES
- The Sony VPL-HW65ES’s handling of contrast brings the pricey theater right into your home. Break out the popcorn. While it is only Full Resolution HD capable, realistic colors and a sharp picture deliver a bold image with ease. With other 4K projectors still way out of the average Joe’s price range, this Sony projector proves they can offer a full cinematic experience for a fraction of the cost of comparable models.
- Epson (Powerlite) Home Cinema
- You want in home 3D videos? You’ve got at home 3D videos. With a 2040 Stereo port and an automatic alignment feature which will ensure your audio and video sync, this projector is amazing and should be the standard for home theater systems. Even the built in sound system is of a high quality!
- Optoma GT1080
- Widely used by gamers for its immersive experience, the Optoma GT1080 contains a native resolution of (you guessed it!) 1080p. Bringing out the new crop with 3D HDMI, this projector should be on every gamer’s wish list.
- BenQ HT1075
- Offering high quality HD content and a mobile device compatibility, BenQ HT1075 is an affordable option when it comes to projectors. Displaying images horizontally, vertically, and diagonally, the versatility alone strikes a chord of interest. Giving a brightness of up to 2,200 lumens, it easily displays pictures for across the room streaming.