The Crestron® 4K HDMI® over HDBaseT® Extender (HD-EXT3-C) delivers professional-grade digital HD AV signal extension for use in the home, classroom, auditorium, or corporate boardroom. Without any special setup or configuration, the HD-EXT3-C enables the transmission of high-definition digital video and audio, plus RS-232 and IR control, over wire runs up to 330 feet (100 meters) using a single, low-cost CAT5e cable. 4K video is supported over slightly shorter distances.
The HD-EXT3-C is composed of one HD-TX3-C transmitter and one HD-RX3-C receiver. These components may be ordered individually for applications requiring direct interface to an HDBaseT source or display device. Please refer to the individual product spec sheets for more information.
Robust Ultra HD Signal Extension
Using HDBaseT technology, the HD-EXT3-C allows for the extension of uncompressed HDMI signals using inexpensive twisted pair cable. Without relying on signal-degrading compression or IP streaming, or inferior HDMI signal boosting, HDBaseT reliably transports the full resolution signal from source to display — intact and uncompromised.
The HD-EXT3-C handles video resolutions beyond HD including 4K Ultra HD and 4K DCI. Full HD 1080p60 with 3D and Deep Color is supported over any distance up to 330 ft (100 m), while 4K is limited to 230 ft (70 m) or less. Audio capabilities include support for high-bitrate 7.1 audio formats like Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™ as well as uncompressed linear PCM. In addition to HDMI, it is also compatible with DVI and DisplayPort Multimode sources, and DVI display devices, using appropriate adapters or interface cables.
...And Control Too!
In addition to video and audio, the HD-EXT3-C provides for the extension of IR and bidirectional RS-232 control signals for a true one-wire AV interface solution.
Uncompromised and Uncomplicated
Crestron HDMI over HDBaseT products afford a very dependable signal extension solution that's simple to implement. No special configuration or programming is required — just connect your source and display and enjoy high-quality HD video and audio from across the room — or the other end of the house.
The HD-EXT3-C is composed of one transmitter and one receiver (HD-TX3-C and HD-RX3-C, both included). The transmitter can be mounted in a single-gang wall box, or attached to any flat surface or inside an equipment rack. The compact receiver can be mounted discretely behind a display device or wherever else it needs to go. Linking the two components requires just one CAT5e or Crestron DM 8G® cable. Crestron offers the cable, connectors, and crimp tool for a complete, easy and reliable wiring solution. A range of professional AV interface cables and wall plates is also available to complement the HD-EXT3-C for a total custom installation solution.
- Extends uncompressed digital video, audio, and control signals up to 330 feet (100 meters) over a single CAT5e twisted-pair cable
- HDBaseT® Certified
- Compatible with HDMI®, DVI, and DisplayPort Multimode sources
- Compatible with HDMI and DVI display devices
- Works reliably without any programming or configuration
- Handles Full HD 1080p video with Deep Color and 3D
- Handles 4K video resolutions up to 230 feet (70 meters)
- Supports Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio™, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- Passes CEC, EDID and HDCP
- Includes universal IR repeater up to 455 kHz
- Extends bidirectional RS-232 up to 115.2k Baud
- 24VDC power pack included
- Available in white or black
- For the HDBaseT® connection between the HD-TX3-C transmitter and HD-RX3-C receiver, use Crestron DM-CBL-8G DigitalMedia 8G™ Cable, Crestron DM-CBL DigitalMedia™ Cable, Crestron DM-CBL-D DigitalMedia D Cable, or third-party CAT5e (or better) UTP or STP. Maximum wire length between devices is 330 ft (100 m) for resolutions up to 1600x1200 and 1920x1200 (including 1080p60 and 2K). For higher resolutions (including 4K), maximum wire length is 230 ft (70 m) using DM-CBL-8G, or 165 ft (50 m) using DM-CBL, DM-CBL-D, or CAT5e. Shielded cable and connectors are recommended to safeguard against unpredictable environmental electrical noise which may impact performance at resolutions above 1080p. All wire and cables sold separately. Refer to the individual HD-TX3-C and HD-RX3-C spec sheets for HDBaseT and DigitalMedia 8G+™ interface applications.
- HDMI IN requires an appropriate adapter or interface cable to accommodate a DVI or DisplayPort Multimode signal. HDMI OUT requires an appropriate adapter or interface cable to accommodate a DVI signal. CBL-HD-DVI interface cables available separately.
- The power pack must be connected to either the HD-TX3-C transmitter or HD-RX3-C receiver, not both. Power is passed to the secondary device via the HDBaseT connection. Please note, the HD-TX3-C and HD-RX3-C are not PoH or PoDM compatible. They cannot be powered by, or supply power to, another HDBaseT or DM 8G+™ device. They may however be connected to such devices without risk of malfunction. Refer to the individual HD-TX3-C and HD-RX3-C spec sheets for HDBaseT and DigitalMedia 8G+ interface applications.
- Supports 4K at 50/60 Hz with 4:2:0 color sampling.