The New Vector Ceiling Array takes ceiling speaker performance to a new level. The Vector is an innovative speaker concept that meets the demanding needs of audio sound systems. Vector Speakers' pyramid design fits into standard 2'x2' or 2'x4' ceiling tile grids, providing an amazing 360 degrees of hemispheric sound. Vector ceiling speakers are quick and economical to install and are competitively priced, making them an excellent value to contractors!
The Vector 2 x 2 Lay-In Ceiling Speaker employs (3 smaller 6.5”) very fast transient response aluminum-woofer drivers that are very powerful and stable. Working in unison these drivers produce clean powerful dynamic sound. When designing the Vector the goal was to have the single most import feature at the forefront, good transient response ("dynamic contrast"). A transient is a sound of short duration, and good transient response can only be achieved if the speaker can deliver its output quickly and cleanly without smearing the original sound, and be completely soundless immediately after. Transients contain the essentials of sound reproduction they provide the sharp pop from a snare drum, the cutting edge of digital sound, the dynamics of the human voice. Larger 2-way cabinet loudspeaker systems offer relatively slow transient response, and the small high-frequency horn tends to beam a narrow, blaring sound at the listener—end result, muddy sound. By replacing larger speakers with four 6 or 8" drivers we increased the driver surface area while creating more punch and a tight, more focused low-end.
- Public Address
- Commercial Audio
- Omni Directional Speaker Coverage 360 x 180 (hemispherical).
- Infinite-baffle in-ceiling speaker’s drops into standard ceiling tile openings or suspend by cables (for out of ceiling mounting).
- Powerful – 120 Watts at 8 Ohms, 64 Watts at 70 Volts.
- 3 - 6.5” Full Range Drivers.
- Uniquely designed fire retardant ABS housing may be painted to match any décor.
- Impedance: 8 ohms nominal with built-in 70 Volts (4, 8, 16, 32, 64 watt taps), easily adjustable by rotating switch