- Award-winning - 2006, 2005, and 2004 Perfect Vision Magazine's Editor's Choice
- Precision Silver-coated conductors-for maximum signal transfer
- Risk-free Money-Back Guarantee
- Our 3rd Generation HDMI cable
- Exclusively manufactured to BetterCables exacting specifications.
- Instantly improves your home theater experience.
- Amazing all-digital connection for clearest possible picture.
- Guaranteed to support all HDTV formats (1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p).
- Larger conductors than most HDMI cables.
- Supports 8-channel digital audio on same cable. Also supports 6-channel, 96kHz audio.
- Supports lossless compressed digital audio formats Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio.
- Support for One Bit Audio format, such as SuperAudio CD's DSD (Direct Stream Digital).
- Support for "Deep Color" 48-bit, 36-bit, and 30-bit.
- Supports new xvYCC color space (1.8 times as many colors as existing HDTV signals).
- Full support for high-resolution PC video formats-including 2560 X 1400.
- Ability for PC sources to use their native RGB color-space while retaining the option to support the YCbCr CE color-space.
- Supports future low-voltage (i.e., AC-coupled) sources, such as those based on PCI Express I/O technology.
- CL-3 Rated for in-wall use.
|Silver Serpent Reference 1080p HDMI Cable Overview
|The new BetterCables Silver Serpent Reference 1080p HDMI Cable offers the highest quality digital picture and sound available anywhere. We guarantee their performance with ALL HDTV resolutions plus 1080p at all of the lengths we offer. Triple-shielded and fully HDCP-compliant. High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) is the first industry-supported, uncompressed audio/video interface. HDMI provides an interface between any HDMI-enabled audio/video source, such as a cable or satellite set-top box, DVD player, A/V receiver, plasma display, HDTV, projector or video monitor.
Silver Serpent Reference 1080p HDMI Cable Technical Information
- CL-3 Rated for in-wall use.
- Silver-coated conductors.
- Triple-shielded - maximum protection against RFI and EMI interference.
- RoHS Compliant.
- Bandwidth is 340 MHz (10.2 Gigabits per second).
- Precise 100-ohm impedance.
- 19-pin male / male Type-A HDMI connectors.
- Gold-plated corrosion-resistant certified connectors.
- Gas-injected dielectric insulation.
- Fully supports CEC control connections.
HDMI cables, in particular cheap HDMI cables, are running rampant - especially on the Internet. Do not be fooled! Cheaper HDMI cables can and do cause problems with pictures and sound. The HDMI connection is one of the most difficult signals to handle well. HDMI cables must be designed properly to handle the necessary bandwidth, especially at the longer lengths and higher-resolutions. We guarantee that our cable will support any current and future resolution demands you can put upon it.
In addition to silver in the conductors (silver being a better conductor than copper), we use larger gauge conductors. Generally speaking, larger conductors mean LESS resistance. Less resistance means less chance of digital dropouts. With resistance, the lower the measurement, the better. Most of the available HDMI cables have resistance measurements of 65 to more than 105 ohms per 1000 feet. Our Silver Serpent Reference 1080p HDMI cables have resistance measurements of less than 26 ohms per 1000 feet. But resistance is not the entire reason our Silver Serpent Reference 1080p HDMI cables are better. Resistance does not tell the whole story-which is why you can't simply buy the biggest cable you can find. By itself, buying a cable with larger conductors is not better. Other factors such as shielding, impedance tolerances, connector durability, and precision of the conductor skew distance greatly affect the quality and performance of the HDMI cable.