The CP-WX8240 HD LCD Projector from Hitachi has 4000 ANSI lumens of projection power at a 3000:1 contrast ratio so it will give you a fine image, even when you can't achieve theater-level darkness.
Its 3LCD, 3 chip technology (the part that creates the image) delivers sharper and brighter pictures with superior grayscale detail. Smooth, seamless color combined with an unparalleled grayscale range delivers incredible detail to every image displayed by the CP-WX8240.
Those images can be in a wide variety of formats. Of course, the CP-WX8240 can project in 720p, 1080i and 1080p high definition. Its international credentials are equally impressive. It can project images in the NTSC, NTSC 4.43, PAL, PAL-M, PAL-N, and SECAM video formats and it has a 100 to 240V AC 50/60Hz power supply.
This projector has a DICOM (Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine) mode, which reproduces images with an advanced grayscale level. This mode is ideal for viewing grayscale medical images such as X-rays, and for training and educational purposes.
The CP-WX8240 makes your audience's life easier, too. It can display all four closed captioning channels as well as all four text channels from programming sources that provide CC. Closed captioning is useful not only for the hard of hearing but also for people learning English as a second language and for everybody when you have to project in a noisy environment like gyms or trade shows.
If you are working in a noisy environment your CP-WX8240 won't be part of the problem for another reason. Its fan noise is a mere 35 dB in standard mode and in eco mode it runs at 29 dB; literally quieter than a whispered conversation.
- WXGA 1280 x 800 resolution
- 4,000 ANSI lumens white/color output
- 16 watt audio output
- 3000:1 contrast ratio
- HDMI 2 inputs
- 15,000 hours hybrid filter
- 4,000 hours lamp life (Eco mode)
- Picture by Picture
- Motorized Zoom, Focus and Lens Shift Control: Allows for greater range of installation possibilities. With the motorized function you can make fine adjustments through the remote control or RS232/IP device.
- Perfect Fit 2: Enables quick adjustment of the projected image by moving its four corners one at a time. In addition, barrel or pincushion distortion, which occur on rounded surfaces, can easily be corrected.
- DICOM® Simulation Mode: These projectors have a DICOM (Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine) Mode, which reproduces images with an advanced grayscale level. This mode is ideal for viewing grayscale medical images such as X-rays, and for training and educational purposes.
- Wireless Presentation Ready: You can use a wireless network by connecting the projector to a computer using the optional USB wireless adapter part number USBWL11N. The adapter supports IEEE802.11b/g and the latest 11n.
- Center Lens Design: This feature makes it easy to align the projector with the center of the screen for faster and trouble-free setup.
- Input Source Naming: Users can name input sources in simple language instead of factory default name. Exclusive to Hitachi.
- PIN Lock / MyScreen / MyText: PIN lock protection can limit projector users. MyScreen PIN lock keeps captured images on the startup screen. Users can set a school's name or company’s logo to MyScreen, clearly identifying ownership. MyText provides the ability to write text on the startup screen such as model name, serial number or location.
- Closed Captioning: Closed captioning lets viewers see captions that tell them what is being said or heard on the projector. Support modes CC1, CC2, CC3, CC4, T1, T2, T3, T4.
- Multiple Lens Options: In addition to the one SL702 short throw standard lens, three optional lenses are available: ML703 middle throw; LL704 long throw; and UL705 ultra-long throw.
- Network Control, Maintenance and Security: Projector management application (PJMan) allows users to monitor and control multiple projectors over LAN. Features include scheduling of events, e-mail alerts for reactive and routine maintenance. Crestron RoomView Express and AMX Device Discovery is embedded into the projector which provides out of the box compatibility with Crestron and AMX Systems.
- PJMessenger: PJMessenger function allows you to send and display text messages and audio alerts on your networked projectors. It is an easy and efficient way to send campus wide announcements.