NOTE: Open Box Unit. Like new condition, used for Demo purposes.
The VPL-FHZ55 is Sony’s first lamp-less projector using 3LCD imaging technology to achieve 4,000 lumens of color light output at WUXGA resolution (1920 x 1200).
It delivers a range of capabilities which eliminates many of the issues associated with conventional lamp-based projection. The projector packs all the benefits of Vivid color 3LCD, long life Laser Light Source and Advanced Integration features. Combining blue laser, phosphor and 3LCD optical system, the projector delivers full-time, vibrant RGB color in unrivaled WUXGA 4,000 lumens Color Light Output performance.
Thanks to the brand new optical system and filter design, the projector offers virtually maintenance-free operation for up to 20,000* hours of expected light source, display device and filter use. Advanced integration features include; Constant brightness mode which maintains its brightness over the life at reduced light output, Installation tilt angle free design, wide range V : +/-60% H : +/-32% lens shift range, Built-in edge blending and geometric correction, and Instant power On/Off features.
The VPL-FHZ55 is an epoch-making installation projector which is a great fit for Education, Commercial, Public Venue and Houses of Worship applications where conventional lamp projectors had limitations. It also contributes to reducing Total Cost of Ownership by eliminating the needs of replacement lamps. Sony's VPLFHZ55 is an exclusive 3LCD laser light engine projector. It all starts with a blue laser, based on Sony expertise in developing blue lasers for Professional Disc camcorders, PlayStation 3 consoles, and Blu-ray Disc players. This is a true laser light engine that generates the full spectrum of visible light, not a hybrid design that must supplement the laser with LEDs to generate Red and Blue.
- Vivid Color 3LCD
You get allof the picture quality advantages of Sony's BrightEra 3LCD optical engine fornatural color and exceptional brightness. Sony's 3LCD design uses three microdisplays with full-time simultaneous color: Red plus Green plus Blue. Thereare no color breaking or rainbow effects on high-contrast images. The colorsare uncommonly natural. The range or "gamut" of color is extremely wide. Andthe colors are uncommonly bright.
- 4,000 Lumens Color Brightness
Thanks to Sony BrightEra technology, this is among thebrightest of any single-chassis laser projector on the market, with 4,000lumens brightness.
- WUXGA 1920 x 1200 Resolution
Thanks to Sony 3LCD panel manufacturing, the resolutionis WUXGA, or 1920 by 1200. This means you can see more of your Excelspreadsheets without scrolling around. And you can display Full HD content atFull HD. WUXGA is a much better fit for today's presentation needs.
- 20,000 Hours* Maintenance Free
Thanks to laser light source, long lifeLCD panel, and advanced filter system, the VPL-FHZ55 offers up to 20,000hours* operation without maintenance or replacement. Virtually zeromaintenance requirements and a range of energy-saving features reduce totallifetime ownership costs compared to conventional UHP projectors.
* Using withAuto Light Dimming feature enabled. Actual hours may vary depending on usageenvironment.
- Instantaneous Power On/Off
Ina culture of instant access, instant connectivity and instant communications,Sony's True Laser System delivers instant on/off. Turn it on and you haveimmediate full brightness. Turn it off and you're done. You're not evenlimited in the number or duration of on/off cycles. It's the total conveniencethat today's users expect.
- Installation Tilt Angle Freedom
Conventional high-pressure mercury cooling systems onlyfunction across a limited range of installation angles. Sony's True LaserSystem gives you complete freedom of tilt angle. You can roll the projector360° clockwise or counterclockwise, including portrait or landscapeorientation. And you can "pitch" the projector 360° forward or back.
- Mercury Free
Sony's True Laser Light System is mercury free, which ismuch better for the environment.
- Display system: 3 LCD system
- Display device:
- Size of effective display area: 0.76” (19.3mm) x 3, BrightEra, Aspect ratio: 16:10
- Number of pixels: 6,912,000 (1920x 1200 x 3) pixels
- Projection lens:
Zoom: Manual (Approx. 1.6 x)
- Light source: Laser diode
- Screen size: 40” to 600” (1.02 m to 15.24 m)
- Light output: 4000 lm
- Displayable scanning frequency:
- Horizontal: 14 kHzto 93 kHz
- Vertical: 47 Hz to 93 Hz
- Display resolution:
- Computer signal input: Maximumdisplay resolution: 1920 x 1200 dots; Panel display resolution: 1920 x1200 dots
- Video signal input: NTSC, PAL, SECAM, 480/60i,576/50i, 480/60p, 576/50p, 720/60p, 720/50p, 1080/60i, 1080/50i, 1080/60p,1080/50p, 1080/24p
- Color system: NTSC3.58, PAL, SECAM, NTSC4.43,PAL-M, PAL-N, PAL60
- Computer and video signal input/output:
- INPUT A: RGB / YPB PR input connector: 5BNC (female); Audio input connector: Stereo minijack
- INPUT B: RGB input connector: Mini D-sub 15-pin(female); Audio input connector: Stereo mini jack (shared with INPUTC)
- INPUT C: DVI-D input connector: DVI-D 24-pin (Single link), DVI1.0-compliant, HDCP support; Audio input connector: Stereo mini jack(shared with INPUT B)
- INPUT D: HDMI input connector: Digital RGB/YPB PR; Digital audio: PCM (32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96kHz)
- S VIDEO IN: S video input connector: Mini DIN4-pin; Audio input connector: Pin jack (x2) (shared with VIDEOIN)
- VIDEO IN: Video input connector: Phono jack; Audioinput connector: Pin jack (x2) (shared with S VIDEO IN)
- OUTPUT: Monitor output connector:Mini D-sub 15-pin (female); Audio output connector: Stereo mini jack
- Control signal input/output:
- RS-232C connector:D-sub 9-pin (female)
- LAN connector: RJ-45,10BASE-T/100BASE-TX
- Control S input connector (DC power supply):Stereo mini jack, Plug in power DC 5 V
- Operating temperature (Operating humidity): 0°C to40°C / 32°F to 104°F (20% to 80%; no condensation)
- Storage temperature (Storage humidity): -10°C to+60°C / 14°F to +140°F (20% to 80%)
- Power requirements: AC 100 V to 240 V, 4.6 A to1.9 A, 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption:
- AC 100 V to 120 V: 449 W
- AC 220 V to 240V: 426 W
- Standby power requirements:
- AC 100 V to 120 V: 8.5W (Standby mode: Standard) 0.15 W (Standby mode: Low)
- AC220 V to 240 V: 9.5 W (Standby mode: Standard) 0.3 W (Standbymode: Low)
- Heat dissipation:
- AC 100 V to 120 V: 1528 BTU
- AC 220 V to 240V: 1450 BTU
- Outside dimensions:
- W 15 11/32 x H 5 13/16 x D 19 11/16 in (W390 x H 148 x D 500 mm)
- W 15 11/32 x H 5 9/32 x D 19 3/16 in (W 390 x H134 x D 487 mm) (without protrusions)
- Mass: 25 lbs (11 kg)
- Supplied accessories: RM-PJ19 Remote Commander (1),Size AA (R6) batteries (2), AC Power Cord (1), Cable ties (2), Quick ReferenceManual (1), Security Label (1), Operating Instructions (CD-ROM) (1)
- Optional accessories: Projector Suspension Support PSS-610