Building on the success of its predecessor (AV-HS400), the enhanced AV-HS400A offers an array of powerful features including a built-in MultiViewer image preview, full 10-bit HD processing, expandable HD/SD architecture, more than 40 digital effects and picture-in-picture (PIP) capabilities.
The HS400A adds a host of new functionality, including enhanced MultiViewer tools such as labeling, border control and preview tally, and a joystick camera control for pan/tilt operation of one remote camera via direct serial connection, or up to five remote cameras with a Panasonic camera controller. The HS400A also incorporates additional advanced key effects such as flying key, 3D key effects, and a full key for a second moveable PIP. It also offers upgraded graphics functions including file import via Ethernet, alpha channel support and more.
The HS400A's built-in MultiViewer can output 4, 8, or 10 images from different sources to a single high-resolution display, eliminating the need for multiple HD source and preview monitors. New Multiviewer features include custom and menu selection of window labels, and enhanced control of labels, borders, and label background. For added creativity, the switcher offers a wide selection of wipe patterns including 3-D digital effects (such as Page Turn), and features a high-quality chroma key for green screen applications in broadcast and production.
As a compact, all-in-one mixer system, the HS400A easily integrates into existing HD/SD workflows, flawlessly mixing HD and SD video sources using a wide range of optional I/O boards. Its modular architecture comes standard with four HD/SD-SDI inputs and four HD/SDI outputs and can be expanded to support up to 8 inputs and 8 outputs with optional I/O boards. The switcher has a built-in, switchable 10-bit frame synchronizer for each input, for glitch-free switching, even with non-synchronous sources such as Blu-Ray DVD players or remote camera feeds.
New option cards for the HS400A include the AV-HS04M7 dual HD/SD-SDI output card with high-quality down-conversion for simultaneous outputting of high-definition video for HD IMAG and Standard-definition video for webcasting or recording. The AV-HS04M6 dual analog composite input card is ideal for use with legacy equipment.
- NEW! MultiViewer tools include easier labeling of sources (can use default labels or customize up to 6 characters); label color can be adjusted in shades from full white to black (with removable background bar); adjustable frame border brightness
- NEW! Features a separate green frame outline for preset tally in addition to the red-outlined
- NEW! MultiViewer?s large windows can now display either Aux or Key out, not just preview or program
- NEW! Key functions include 3D Key transitions, flying key, and full key for second PiP and many other uses
- NEW! Provides joystick camera control of pan/tilt systems (including the AW-HE100)
- NEW! Expanded graphics functions allow users to import graphics of various formats via Ethernet for fast access to titles and pictures
- NEW! Automatic import and sizing of imported TIFF (w/Alpha Channel), PNG (with Alpha Channel), BMP, GIF and JPEG images with HS400 Tool Software (included)
- Compact design with multi-format compatibility for use in studio or mobile production systems worldwide
- Multi-viewer function allows users to select and arrange each individual split-screen image
- Designed with workflow-friendly functions including on-screen display of menus, SD Card slot for transferring still images, and user programmable function buttons
- Forty-three transition effects, including 3D DVE key effects with page turns and rotations, as well as standard wipe, squeeze and slide patterns
- Enhanced Picture-in-picture (PIP), flying key for eye-catching titling effects, full key for a 2nd effective PiP, luminance key, Aux Bus and downstream key (DSK) functions
- Modular interface includes Ethernet, RS-422 remote, Tally output and GPI input
- Rack-mountable and self-contained (ideal for flight-packs and small control rooms)
- Optional I/O boards include: dual HD/SD-SDI inputs (with SD up-conversion); dual HD/SD component inputs (with up-conversion); dual DVI inputs (up to WXGA 1280x768); dual Component outputs for maximum compatibility with legacy systems; a component/DVI output (scalable up to 1920x1200 for large venue displays);
- NEW! Option boards include the AV-HS04M6 dual analog composite input card; and the AV-HS04M7 dual HD/SD-SDI output card with downconversion capabilities.