After 15 years of unparalleled success in the Omni directional ceiling speaker marketplace we have taken that experience and designed the ultimate commercial in-ceiling speaker technology. The New SD4 takes ceiling speaker performance to a new level. For 15 years audio professionals worldwide have chosen the SuperDispersion™ (SD) Ceiling Tile Speakers for their powerful sound, high performance, and distinctive styling. The SD4 is an innovative speaker concept that meets the demanding needs of audio and systems contractors worldwide. SD Speakers' pyramid design fits into standard 2'x2' or 2'x4' ceiling tile grids (or suspended by cables), providing an amazing 360 degrees of hemispheric sound. SD speakers are quick and economical to install and are competitively priced, making them an excellent value to contractors! SD4 ceiling speaker array systems offer performance, value and are ideal for Classrooms, Conference Rooms, Training Rooms, Teleconferencing, Churches, Retail Spaces, Corporate Offices and many more.
The SD Speaker employs (4 smaller 6.5”) very fast transient response aluminum-woofer drivers that are very powerful and stable. Working in unison these drivers produce clean powerful dynamic sound. When designing the SD the goal was to have the single most import feature at the forefront, good transient response ("dynamic contrast"). A transient is a sound of short duration, and good transient response can only be achieved if the speaker can deliver its output quickly and cleanly without smearing the original sound, and be completely soundless immediately after. Transients contain the essentials of sound reproduction they provide the sharp pop from a snare drum, the cutting edge of digital sound, the dynamics of the human voice. Larger 2-way cabinet loudspeaker systems offer relatively slow transient response, and the small high-frequency horn tends to beam a narrow, blaring sound at the listener—end result, muddy sound. By replacing larger speakers with four 6 or 8" drivers we increased the driver surface area while creating more punch and a tight, more focused low-end.
- Public Address
- Commercial Audio
- Omni Directional Speaker Coverage 360 x 180.
- Infinite-baffle in-ceiling speaker’s drops into standard ceiling tile openings or suspend by cables (for out of ceiling mounting).
- Powerful – 160 Watts at 8 Ohms, 64 Watts at 70 Volts.
- 4 - 6.5” High compliance aluminum woofers with ported bass response and high frequency dome tweeters.
- Uniquely designed fire retardant ABS housing may be painted to match any décor.
- Impedance: 8 ohms nominal with built-in 70 Volts (4, 8, 16, 32, 64 watt taps), easily adjustable by rotating switch.
- Metal Backbox that is acoustically engineered and sealed for maximum sonic performance. Safety cable kit included.