With 3000 ANSI lumens and a 2000:1 contrast ratio the Canon LV-8320 WXGA LCD Projector has the power required to display bright, sharp WXGA (1280 x 800) images in less-than-ideal ambient light conditions like classrooms, boardrooms or conventions. While these features alone might be enough to warrant purchasing the projector, the user-friendly design and intuitive on-screen menu reveal a multitude of advanced, efficient features usually available in units 2 or 3 times the LV-8320's modest cost.
Set-up is a breeze thanks to Auto Power On which turns unit on when it is plugged into an outlet as well as Input Sensing which powers it up when connected to a computer. Auto Keystone Adjustment detects the tilt of the projector when placed on a flat surface, automatically adjusting it to square up the image. One of the LV-8320's many attributes is portability. At only 7.5 lb (3.4kg), the projector is as likely to move from room to room as it is to be permanently mounted.
The unit's wide connectivity includes DVI, HDMI and component inputs as well as an audio output, but the 10W speaker is powerful enough for most audiences or meetings. Running at a whisper-quiet 29dB in Quiet Mode, the projector won't challenge the speaker for attention. When operating in a noisy environment or when working with the hearing impaired, dialog captions can be conveniently displayed in sync with the action.
Network connectivity not only allows remote control and monitoring of functions, but also enables maintenance timetables and alerts via email. Finally, all of this doesn't come at the expense of the environment. The LV-8320 employs multiple methods to affect energy savings and confirm a shrinking carbon footprint. Quick start, quick power-off, sleep timer and off timer minimizes energy use during start-up, shut-down and periods of non-operation. Auto Energy Saver switches to quiet mode after 1 minute without signal input, extending the lamp's life up to 5000 hours and minimizing downtime.
- LCD Technology
- Canon brings the best of LCD technology to the LV-8320 projector. It has been designed to deliver the brilliant image quality you expect from a Canon product. LCD technology allows the LV-8320 to be small, light and portable, while still giving it the capability to serve as a great installed unit
- Native WXGA Resolution (1280 x 800)
- The LV-8320 offers native WXGA widescreen resolution (1280 x 800) delivering clear, sharp video, diagrams and text in a 16:10 aspect ratio, meeting the increasing demand for wide screen displays. Compared to standard XGA resolution projectors, the LV-8320 offers a larger display range capable of projecting data produced on many widescreen laptops
- High Brightness - 3000 Lumens, High Contrast - 2000:1
- The LV-8320's 3000 lumens gives you the ability to deliver your presentations in a wider variety of venues in a broad range of lighting conditions. This projector will do the job in a classroom, office, boardroom or meeting room, in total darkness or through a range of moderate ambient light levels. A truly impressive 2000:1 contrast ratio results in deep blacks with depth and dimension. Another benefit of the LV-8320's AC lamp system is that it lasts up to 5000 hours in quiet mode
- 1.6x Optical Zoom Lens
- The 1.6x optical zoom lens of the LV-8320 gives you more options in where you can place the projector, based on the needs of your venue. You can also feel secure in selecting the right size screen for your room, knowing that the LV-8320's lens will give you the freedom to do so. With the wide projection distance coverage of the LV-8320's lens, from 2.3 to 40.4' (0.7 to 12.3 m), you will have outstanding flexibility in using this projector in small to moderately large spaces
- Flexible Connectivity
- The LV-8320 is well equipped to make working with networks and other external sources possible, with a number of useful inputs and output terminals.
The HDMI input on the LV-8320 allows you to connect the projector directly to a high definition input source, including satellite or digital cable boxes, and Blu-ray players, to project uncompressed video images, delivering true 1080p high definition. You also have the use of a mini-DIN4 input for the transfer of material from an S-video source.
Network-Ready RJ-45 Port
To maximize the usability of the LV-8320, the built-in RJ-45 port enables centralized control and monitoring from a networked PC. This makes it simple for an A/V team to operate ceiling mounted installed projectors from a remote PC, allowing fewer personnel to cover a larger service area.
RS-232 Serial Port
Control the LV-8320 through a third-party system with the built-in RS-232 serial port.
Video Inputs and Outputs
The LV-8320 has a composite video input and analog RGB output for high-definition video projection and composite video monitoring.
Multiple Audio Inputs and Outputs
Two audio mini-jack stereo inputs and one output are found on the LV-8320 for relaying audio through external speakers. It provides the flexibility needed to play audio from a linked DVD or PC source. A mic input also gives the user the ability to narrate a presentation making use of the LV-8320's built-in speaker
- Reduced and Simpler Maintenance
- The high performance of the LV-8320 is matched with impressive durability in use and simplified maintenance. While delivering more, it costs you less in time and maintenance.
Longer Lamp Life
With up to 3000 hours lamp life in Normal Mode and 5000 hours in eco-mode possible, the extended lamp life of the LV-8320 lowers operating costs and reduces maintenance.
Longer Air Filter Life
The high-performance three layer hybrid filters of the LV-8320 can last up to 5500 hours in eco-mode. Consisting of perforated metal, urethane and metal mesh, anti-dust performance is greatly improved and filter life is dramatically lengthened over that of single layer electrostatic filters. It offers significantly reduced maintenance time.
Easy Access Lamp
To make replacing the lamp quick and easy the LV-8320's is located on the top of the projector. There is no need to move the projector, even if it is ceiling mounted. To further aid in maintenance, a replacement counter indicates when lamps and filters require changing
- Convenient, Easy to Use Features and Design
- Making the LV-8320 more convenient and easier to use were the goals of the Canon designers. You'll find controls and features made to let you concentrate on making better presentations.
Intelligent Lamp Dimming
When this feature is selected, the LV-8320 automatically adjusts the output of the lamp to match the brightness of the image being projected. Together with Color Shift Correction, which automatically adjusts the shift of color balance based on the projected image, power consumption is reduced, enhancing economy.
Quick Start and Quick Power Off
Quick Start and Quick Power Off makes it more convenient to operate the LV-8320 and helps to lengthen lamp life. With the push of a button this projector will quickly spring into action for a spur-of-the-moment presentation, or shut-down to be packed for use in another meeting room.
Auto Setup Function
Setting up the LV-8320 is both quick and easy with the auto setup function. Through a single button you can set auto input, auto PC and auto keystone correction.
With the projector placed on a flat surface, the engagement of auto setup will employ sensors which will detect the tilt of the projector in relation to the screen, automatically correcting for any keystone distortion - up to +/- 20° vertically. Of course, keystone correction can be adjusted manually as well up to +/- 30°.
Easy to use and clear controls for volume and menu mean that the focus of a presenter will be on the presentation, not on running the projector. The LV-8320 makes it simple to switch between input sources at the touch of a button. Buttons which are familiar in look and feel to those of printers and copy machines fall easily to hand. For added convenience, the wireless IR remote control can be used.
The clear to read, white text on black background of the LV-8320's on-screen menu is easy to navigate. For added convenience, choose from 21 languages for the menu display.
Even if you don't have an external sound system to use, the 10W high output speaker of the LV-8320 delivers clear, well produced sound for venues of varying sizes
- Quiet Operation and Closed Captioning
- Give your audience the silent treatment with the quietness of the LV-8320. In Normal mode the projector runs at 34dB and that drops to 29dB in Quiet mode, allowing all ears to be on the presentation.
If you are presenting to a hearing impaired audience or in a venue with a high level of ambient noise, the LV-8320 can deliver closed captioning to make any difficult to understand dialogue perfectly clear
- Projector Protection Program (Triple P)
- Add to that Canon USA's Projector Protection Program ("Triple P"), a free service program that provides a loaner projector of equal or greater value in the event that a qualifying unit is in need of repair. Triple P is available on all Canon projector models during the Canon USA projector and lamp limited warranty